Featured in modern architecture, recreational park trailers, rolling cabins, sustainable building, sustainable materials
Did You Know?
January 23, 2013
Did you know that our Rolling Cabins have earned a Gold Rating through the National Green Building Standard?
Certified Green labels on RVs ensure a healthier and more sustainable product, and WheelHaus has taken every detail of construction into account when working to achieve this.
- Our park models have exterior siding, ceilings and skirting made from rustic cedar siding with a barnwood patina colored stain.
- 90% of materials used come from local sources.
- Instead of vinyl and carpet, which can contribute to poor indoor air quality, we chose low-VOC paints and wood flooring to ensure cleaner air for occupants.
- A panelized wall system and high R-value windows provide extra insulation for the units.
- All appliances are Energy Star and faucets are low flow.
- All houseplants are native and low maintenance, saving huge amounts of water.
- At our production facility, computerized router machines maximize wood cuts and minimize waste.
- All waste produced is used in the plant’s biomass furnace that heats the facility.
To add to this, no luxury or convenience has been sacrificed to achieve the Green status.
- The bedroom fits a king-sized bed,
- The living room features a gas fireplace
- Sliding glass doors open up to a private deck,
- A floor plan of exactly 400 square feet qualifies these structures to be legally registered as RVs, which means that they can go into any park without special building permit approvals.